You gotta try this mini version of maja mais. Yummy and creamy delicious. This recipe is just for 6″ round of tray. Good for 4 servings. Enjoy and happy cooking!
Maja Blanca (Maja Mais)
2 cans coconut milk
3/4 cup cornstarch
1 can condensed milk
3/4 cup fresh milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
15 ounces whole sweet kernel corn
5 tbsp toasted grated coconut (I used the desiccated coconut)
1. Pour the coconut milk in a cooking pot and bring to a boil.
2. Add the sugar, condensed milk, and whole sweet kernel corn then stir until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
Simmer for 8 minutes
3. Combine the fresh milk and cornstarch then whisk until the cornstarch is diluted
Pour the fresh milk and cornstarch mixture in the cooking pot and stir thoroughly.
4. Allow to cook while stirring until the mixture reaches your desired thickness
Pour the mixture in a serving tray then arrange and flatten the top using a flat tool such as a wooden spatula.
5. Allow to cool down then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
6. Garnish with toasted grated coconut (or latik if available).
Serve cold. Share and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Credits: Love Bite
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.