You gotta try this mini version of maja mais. Yummy and creamy delicious. This recipe is just for 6″ round of tray. Good for 4 servings. Enjoy and happy cooking!
Maja Blanca Mais (Maja Mais)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 can condensed milk
- 3/4 cup fresh milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 15 ounces whole sweet kernel corn
- 5 tbsp toasted grated coconut (I used the desiccated coconut)
- Pour the coconut milk in a cooking pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the sugar, condensed milk, and whole sweet kernel corn then stir until all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Simmer for 8 minutes
- Combine the fresh milk and cornstarch then whisk until the cornstarch is diluted
- Pour the fresh milk and cornstarch mixture in the cooking pot and stir thoroughly.
- Allow to cook while stirring until the mixture reaches the desired thickness for maja
- Pour the mixture in a serving tray then arrange and flatten the top using a flat tool such as a wooden spatula.
- Allow to cool down then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with toasted grated coconut (or latik if available).
- Serve cold. Share and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: