This Maja de Ube is so delicious! You must try it too. You only need around 6 main ingredients and a few extra seasoning. Throw it together in a wok and keep mixing it. Once you see a perfect smoothness and it looks shiny then you are ready to turn off heat.
Remember to give a small allowance, it becomes thicker as it gets cool.
Maja de Ube Recipe
- 3 cups fresh coconut cream, with no water added
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 cup evaporated milk/whole milk
- 1 cup water
- 5 pc pandan leaves
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 cups ube pulp (yam), peeled, boiled and mashed finely
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- Line a bilao (round tray) with wilted greased banana leaves or greased aluminum foil/any container. Set aside.
- In a wok, mix all ingredients together thoroughly. Make sure mixture is free of lumps. Cook in medium heat.
- Turn to low when maja starts to boil. Stir continuously to prevent mixture from scorching. When mixture starts to glisten, maja is fully cooked.
- Immediately transfer into a large bilao to set. Discard pandan leaves. Garnish with latik and some latik oil to make it moist before serving. Serve and enjoy!