These Banana Puto are easier than easy to make. Its fluffy, soft and healthy for your kids too. Happy cooking!
Banana Puto Recipe
1/3 cup sugar, or add more if you like sweeter
2-3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups all purpose flour or cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup fresh milk or evaporated milk
1 cup water
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Sift together cake flour and baking powder, set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar.
3. Mix in mashed bananas, milk and water beat till well combined.
4. Carefully fold in flour mixture and oil. Make sure you just FOLD** it and do not beat. (If you want your puto to be fluffy)
5. Pour batter into greased molds or lined with muffin cups.
6. Steamed for 10-15 minutes, make sure to cover steamer with clean cloth to avoid water steam from dripping on your puto. You will know it’s cooked once an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean from the center. Turn of heat and remove puto molds from the steamer. Let it cool before unmolding.
Great for Kids school lunch packed. Serve and enjoy!
*Notes: Cut and Fold technique is a technique used by bakers when combining 2 mixture. You combine the mixture like you’re folding a laundry. Using a spatula, from the side slowly fold it out and over the top. Repeat until well incorporated but not overmixed.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.