Kutsinta is one of my favorite Pinoy delicacies or kakanin. I always buy a pack (6 pcs) of these for breakfast with pancit bihon that you can buy in the neighborhood. This is a classic kutsinta with niyog. Ang sarap nakaka-miss!
This recipe is so quick and easy to do!
If you can’t find cassava flour (tapioca flour) you can try this recipe instead using another ingredients for kutsinta – Kutsinta using Rice Flour and All purpose flour
1 cup cassava flour (tapioca flour)
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
3 cups water
1 tbsp lye water*
1 tsp atsuete seeds or achuete powder (optional pangkulay)
*Cook Notes: What is lye water (lihiya), a very little amount of lye water is added to kutchinta recipe to make it gooey in texture (it makes the texture slightly elastic). This is what makes kutchinta different from other kakanin. You can buy lye water or lihiya in palengkeng bayan if you’re in Philippines, for other countries you can buy it in asian stores, or Filipino Online stores near your area. You can also buy lye water solution in Lazada Philippines for Cash on Delivery Payment Nationwide – Green Leaves Lye Water
1. In a medium bowl, mix all the dry ingredients starting from the cassava flour, all-purpose flour, and brown sugar then mix all the ingredients.
2. Gradually add water and continue mixing until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Mix lye water and anatto water (soak the anatto seed in 3 tbsp water) then continue mixing.
4. Place the mixture into individual molds and steam for 40 minutes to 1 hour over low heat only. Check it with toothpick test in the center, if your toothpick comes out clean. Then it’s cooked.
5. Serve with fresh shredded coconut or cheese on top.
Share and Enjoy!
Cooking Tips and Ideas:
You want a unique flavour of Kutsinta? Try these unique flavors of Mango, Ube and Pandan Kutsinta! You can use fresh ingredients or use flavorings & food coloring. You can usually buy it in leading supermarkets.
Credits: @rhose_mhel and Jun Tomaneng
Thank you so much for dropping by! Show us some love and comment anything about this recipe or don’t forget to save us on your Pinterest.
Do you have any questions about the
Have a wonderful day!