Puto con Yema is a delicious dulce de leche filled puto. Surprise your guests with your unique puto filled with yema inside. You can also top it with slices of cheese. Just put slices of cheese before steaming or even slices of salted eggs for an added saltiness and brings out the burst sweet yema inside the puto.
PUTO CON YEMA RECIPE
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup condensed Milk
1 1/3 cup White Sugar
1 cup Water
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 cup Melted Butter (Unsalted)
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 can Dulce De Leche (recipe below)
1. In a dry mixing bowl, put together the flour, baking powder,& salt. For a smooth texture, sift the flour mixture.
2. Using other medium bowl, combine the milk, sugar, vanilla, water, and the melted butter. Blend until mixture is smooth.
3. Combine the 2 prepared mixtures above and ensure there are no lumps in the batter.
4. To save time, you can prepare the steamer and put the water to boiling point
5. Put a small scoop of Dulce de Leche in the center of mold before putting the batter.
6. Steam for about 15 to 20 minutes and cover your steamer with clean cloth or foil to prevent water drippings on puto. Make sure no water will drip on puto or it will go limp like kutchinta.
Once the inserted toothpick comes out clean, then it’s done. Enjoy!
DULCE DE LECHE
395g cans sweetened condensed milk
Pour a can of condensed milk into a small saucepan (preferably non stick).
Over a medium-low heat, continuously stir and mix to make sure it doesnt burn or stick on the pan. Stir until it becomes thick and it doesn’t fall off when you dip a spoon and lift it. Turn off heat and transfer into a bowl. Let it cool before putting in your puto molds.
You may also try our new recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website! Please subscribe to our daily recipe notifications.
Don’t forget to Pin us to PINTEREST. You can comment your question there and we’ll be glad to answer your question or feedback about the recipe.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.
Photo by Island Desserts