Puto con Yema is a delicious dulce de leche filled puto. Surprise your guests with your unique puto filled with yema inside. You can also top it with slices of cheese. Just put slices of cheese before steaming or even slices of salted eggs for an added saltiness and brings out the burst sweet yema inside the puto.
PUTO CON YEMA RECIPE
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup condensed Milk
1 1/3 cup White Sugar
1 cup Water
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 cup Melted Butter (Unsalted)
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1 can Dulce De Leche (recipe below)
1. In a dry mixing bowl, put together the flour, baking powder,& salt. For a smooth texture, sift the flour mixture.
2. Using other medium bowl, combine the milk, sugar, vanilla, water, and the melted butter. Blend until mixture is smooth.
3. Combine the 2 prepared mixtures above and ensure there are no lumps in the batter.
4. To save time, you can prepare the steamer and put the water to boiling point
5. Put a small scoop of Dulce de Leche in the center of mold before putting the batter.
6. Steam for about 15 to 20 minutes. The same old technique can be applied. Once the inserted toothpick comes out clean, then it’s done!
DULCE DE LECHE
395g cans sweetened condensed milk
Pour a can of condensed milk into a small saucepan (preferably non stick).
Over a medium-low heat, continuously stir and mix to make sure it doesnt burn or stick on the pan. Until it becomes thick and it doesn’t fall off when you dip a spoon and lift it. Turn off heat and transfer into a bowl. Let it cool before putting in your puto molds.
Photo by :Island Desserts