This Cassava Sinuman and for some they call it locally as Alupi. This native kakanin is so delicious with young coconut strips or even langka strips. I miss eating this specially when its freshly steamed. Scrumptious and easy to make!
Cassava Sinuman Recipe
3 cups grated cassava(raw)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup thick coconut milk or coconut cream
1 cup shredded young buko
banana leaves, wilted for wrapping
1. Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
2. Scoop 1/4 cup of the mixture and wrap tightly.
3. Fold or roll to enclose the mixture into the steamer.
4. Steam for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until done.
5. Remove from the steamer and let cool down.
Serve, share and enjoy!