Yummy, healthy and delicious Spring Rolls made from the heart of banana blossoms. Simple vegetable recipe with a cheesy take. Its budget-friendly and healthy too. Happy cooking!
Cheesy Lumpiang Puso ng Saging
(roughly making 4 cups Cheesy Puso ng Saging Lumpia)
1-2 puso ng saging (roughly making 4 cups when chopped),
1 white onion (thinly sliced),
2 siling pangsigang (seeds removed & washed)
3 cloves garlic (pounded and minced),
½ kilo ground pork,
2 tbsp. oyster sauce,
½ cup grated cheese
1 large egg (2 if small)
lumpia wrapper (this recipe makes 40 small pieces or more)
1-2 siling labuyo, optional
1. First, remove the tough outer part of the banana heart until you reached the the white inner core.
2. Chop thinly and soak in cold water for 10 minutes. Squeeze dry then set aside.
3. On a pan over medium heat, saute onions and garlic. Add ground pork. Once cooked, add banana heart and chili.
4. Add 1 cup water and bring everything to a boil. Once banana heart is soft and tender and water has dried up, add oyster sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
5. Transfer to a large bowl (use strainer to drain out the remaining liquid), add egg, cheese and stir. Refrigerate until cooled.
6. Once cooled, scoop one tbsp. of mixture to a lumpia wrapper. Fold the sides inward and roll away. Add a dab of water on the edge to seal the wrapper. Repeat.
7. On a fry pan over high heat, add oil. Once it’s hot enough, lower the heat to low-medium and fry the lumpia. Drain over paper towel and serve hot.
8. Enjoy with your favorite ketchup!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.