Yields: 2 cake pans
4 cups sweet or glutinous rice flour
1 ½ cups sugar
2 cups thin coconut milk (2nd squeeze if using fresh coconut milk)
2 cups of coconut milk, 1st squeezed (2 cans if using ready made)
1. In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients together and mix it well until thoroughly combined.
2. Brush 2 round cake pan with oil (or non stick spray) or line it with banana leaves.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared pans or banana leaves lined pan. Don’t forget to wilt your banana leaves in low heat for a few seconds to soften banana leaves.
4. Steam for 20-30 minutes over medium heat. While waiting, prepare the latik.
5. How to make latik: Heat coconut milk in a pan. Bring to a boil. Keep stirring until the milk turns into oil and leave a solid residue.
6. Sprinkle the latik on top of the Lansong. Serve warm. Enjoy!
Cooking Tips: Use wilted banana leaves for an added flavor to your kakanin.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.