Yields: 2 cake pans
- 4 cups sweet or glutinous rice flour
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 cups thin coconut milk (2nd squeeze if using fresh coconut milk)
- For the Latik: 2 cups of coconut milk, 1st squeezed (2 cans if using ready made)
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients together and mix it well until thoroughly combined.
- Brush 2 round cake pan with oil (or non stick spray) or line it with banana leaves.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pans or banana leaves lined pan. Don’t forget to wilt your banana leaves in low heat for a few seconds to soften banana leaves.
- Steam for 20-30 minutes over medium heat. While waiting, prepare the latik.
- How to make latik: Heat coconut milk in a pan. Bring to a boil. Keep stirring until the milk turns into oil and leave a solid residue.
- Sprinkle the latik on top of the Lansong. Serve warm. Enjoy!