Simple and budget meal/ulam or lutong bahay. Pork Binagoongan sa Gata with Talong. Ang sarap po, tiyak mauubos ang isamg kalderong kanin!
Pork Binagoongan sa Gata
1 kilo pork kasim , cubed
3 tbsp shrimp paste
2 cups coconut cream
1/3 cup vinegar
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb sized ginger, grated
2 Egg plants (talong) sliced
2 pcs bay leaves
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cooking oil
chopped green and red peppers (optional)
1. Place the meat cubes in a bowl, pour in the vinegar. Set aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil, saute onions and garlic. Stir in the meat. Let slightly brown.
3. Add the shrimp paste.
4. Pour in the coconut cream, sugar, bay leaves and half portion of grated ginger. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pork is tender and the coconut cream reduced.
5. Add sliced egg plants and cook for additional minutes until cooked.
6. Turn off the heat, then add the chopped chilis and the rest of the grated ginger.
Serve with rice. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.