Simple and budget meal/ulam or lutong bahay. Pork Binagoongan sa Gata. Ang sarap po, tiyak mauubos ang isang kalderong kanin! Recipe Updated May 29, 2021.
Pork Binagoongan sa Gata
1 kilo pork kasim, cubed
3 tbsp bagoong (shrimp paste)
2 cups coconut cream (or 1 large can)
1/3 cup vinegar
8 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 thumb sized ginger, grated
2 pcs bay leaves
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cooking oil
2-3 Siling Haba (green chili peppers)
1. Place the pork in a bowl and pour in the vinegar. Set aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil, saute onions and garlic. Add in the pork. Let it brown slightly.
3. Add the bagoong (shrimp paste) and toss it well. Let it cook for a minute or two.
4. Pour in the coconut cream, sugar, bay leaves and half portion of grated ginger.
5. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pork is tender and the coconut cream is thicker.
6. Turn off the heat, then add the chopped chilis and the rest of the grated ginger.
Serve with rice. Enjoy!