PUTO UBE RECIPE
- 4 cups flour, sifted
- 4 cups mashed ube (purple yam)
- 2 cups sugar, sifted
- 2 ½ tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 piece egg, raw
- small slices of cheese
- water (for steaming)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients starting from the flour, sugar,and baking powder then mix well.
- Add the mashed ube, butter, evaporated milk, egg, water and pandan essence (dissolve the pandan essence in water) then mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture in individual molds
- If you are using non – quick melt Filipino brand cheese, You may put the cheese on top of the mixture otherwise put the cheese on top after steaming (step 6)
- Pour the water in the steamer.
- Arrange the molds in the steamer then steam for about 20 minutes
- If you are using quick melt cheese, remove the cover of the steamer and top each puto with quick melt cheese then continue steaming (with the cover on) for 2 to 5 minutes
- Remove from the mold and arrange in a serving plate
- Serve either hot or cold.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Puto Lanson (Aripahol ng Visaya)