Ginisang Upo with Pork Giniling
1/4 kilogram ground pork
2 medium size gourd (upo), sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
2 medium size tomatoes, sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup water
1 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 tsp ground pepper
salt to taste
cooking oil for sauteing
1. Heat an oil over medium-high heat, saute garlic, onion and tomatoes in oil until fragrant. Slightly crush the sliced tomatoes in the pan.
2. Then toss and add the ground pork. Sauté until the meat turns light brown.
3. Season with fish sauce (patis) and cook for few more minutes.
4. Add the upo cubes and stir it with the pork. Add some ground pepper and let it cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Add 1 cup of water, bring it ro a boil and simmer for 3 more minutes. Don’t overcook the upo. Adjust taste with a pinch of salt.
6. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Serve hot. Enjoy!