This pochero is the classic recipe..not the reinvented recipe. Simple, delicious and the best original recipe of pochero. Come #LetsCookMGR and dig in. Enjoy!
1/2 kilo pork belly, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 to 2½ tablespoons patis (fish-sauce)
1 tablespoon whole pepper corn
1 small pack tomato sauce
1/2 cup chick peas (garbanzos)
3 plaintain banana (ripe), chopped
1 medium sized potato, cubed
1 small cabbage, quartered
¼ lb long green beans
1 bunch bok choy (pechay)
1 cup water
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1. In a cooking pot, sauté garlic, onions, and tomatoes in cooking oil.
2. Then, add pork and cook until the color turns brownish or until cooked.
Season and add with fish sauce, whole pepper corn, and tomato sauce. Stir.
3. Pour water and let boil. Simmer until pork is tender (about 30 to 40 minutes).
4. Add potatoes, plantain, and chick peas. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
5. Add sliced cabbage and slice long green beans. Cook for additional 3 minutes.
6. Add the bok choy on top. Cover the pot and turn off the heat. Let the residual heat cook the bok choy (about 5 minutes).
7. Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
Share and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thank you for dropping by our website!