This Pochero is the classic recipe..not the reinvented recipe. Simple, delicious and the best original recipe of Pochero. Come lets cook and dig in good food. Enjoy!
Pork Pochero Recipe
- 1/2 kilo pork belly, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 to 2½ tablespoons patis (fish-sauce)
- 1 tablespoon whole pepper corn
- 2 packs tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chick peas (garbanzos)
- 1 pc chorizo de bilbao, sliced diagonally
- 3 plaintain banana (ripe), chopped
- 1 medium sized potato, cubed
- 1 small cabbage, quartered
- ¼ lb long green beans (sitaw)
- 1 bunch bok choy (pechay)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- In a cooking pot, sauté garlic, onions, and tomatoes in cooking oil.
- Then, add pork and cook until the color turns brownish or until cooked.
- Season and add with fish sauce, whole pepper corn, and tomato sauce. Stir.
- Pour water and let boil. Simmer until pork is tender (about 30 to 40 minutes).
- Add potatoes, plantain, chorizos and chick peas. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add sliced cabbage and slice long green beans. Cook for additional 3 minutes.
- Add the bok choy on top. Cover the pot and turn off the heat. Let the residual heat cook the bok choy (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve. Share and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
MAMA’S CHOCOLATE DREAM CAKE RECIPE (Copycat)