Sweet and Sour Pork tenderloin is a delicious Chinese dish which is popular and a well loved dish among Filipinos. It is serve in common fast food and restaurants nationwide. Plus the fact that sweet and sour pork is a favorite choice menu to any occasion or party plans.
Sweet and Sour Pork are one of my favorite Chinese food. This recipe is super delicious!
Sweet and Sour Pork Recipe
1 pound pork tenderloin (lomo ng baboy)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
oil for deep-frying
1 cup pineapple chunks
1 green bell pepper, sliced & de-seed
1 white onion, sliced
1 teaspoon sesame seed, toasted
1 teaspoon white pepper powder
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1 inch ginger root, grated
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg white
2 tbsp cornstarch + 3 tbsp water, (slurry)
4 tablespoons tomato sauce
4 teaspoons vinegar (white vinegar for the color)
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons water
2 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon sugar
- Marinate: Slice pork tenderloin into regular bite size and in similar sizes. Transfer in a bowl, add salt, white pepper powder, ginger and mix thoroughly. Set aside to marinade for 10 minutes.
- For the Stir Fry Sauce: In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce, vinegar, salt, water and cornstarch. Set aside.
- For the Batter: In a small bowl, add 2 tablespoon of cornstarch and 3 tablespoon of water and stir in one direction to make the coating.
- Dip each pork strips in egg whites first. Then, dip it to cornstarch slurry. Grasp with hand until the pork are coated evenly. Coat each pork before frying.
- Deep Frying: Heat up enough cooking oil in wok until you can see the oil waves in the surface. Add the coated pork in and deep-fry quickly to firm the texture. Remove the pork out and drain.
- Then re-deep-fry the pork again quickly around 30 seconds. Transfer the pork out and drain.
- For Stir Frying: Leave around 1 teaspoon of cooking oil in wok. Saute onions and add the “stir-fry sauce”. Let it cook for about 2 minutes.
- Then return the deep-fried pork into the stir-fry sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes, add pineapple, bell pepper and garnish sesame seeds in; mix thoroughly to make sure the pork are coated evenly. Transfer the pork into serving plate.
Adjust the taste slightly according to your own taste. If you love sweet taste very much, add more sugar.