Skip to content
Chinese Roast Ribs Recipe
- 1 sheet pork ribs (about 700gm/1.5 lbs)
- For Marinade:
- 2 garlic cloves – minced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp yellow bean sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
- Mix together all ingredients for the marinade.
- Transfer ribs in a roasting pan and pour over the marinade to cover evenly. Cover pan with foil and refrigerate for at least an hour (better yet overnight), basting occasionally with the marinade.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
Bake ribs with the marinade (in pan still covered with foil) for at least 1 hour or until fork tender, turning over once midway during cooking.
- After this, remove foil and the cooking of the ribs can be finished outdoors in a barbecue or in the oven.
- To finish cooking in the oven, lay ribs meat side down and baste with the pan juices. Return to oven and bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Turn the ribs over and again baste well with pan juices and bake for a further 25 minutes or until fall-apart tender. Dish up and serve.
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Naija Jollof Rice