Chicken Sprite Adobo is so yummy!! Have you tried it yet? If you want a little sweet style in your adobo you must try this recipe. And if you want it tangy and salty try another version of our adobo too! Our Chinese Style Pork Adobo!
Filipinos just love adobo, and everybody just own their unique adobo recipe. Just recently in Mama’s Guide group wall, Chicken sprite adobo became a trending hit over and over with different kinds of version. It went viral because it’s easy to cook and so yummy! If you have kids in your household or kids at heart maybe, they will surely love this adobo style. You gotta cook it today and see why we love it. Happy cooking and enjoy!
Chicken Sprite Adobo Recipe
1/2 kilo chicken
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
1 cup Sprite
1/2 teaspoon peppercorn (pamintang buo)
6 cloves garlic, crushed
salt to taste
1 small onion, minced
4 pcs Bay leaves (dahon ng laurel)
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté garlic and onion until it becomes slightly brownish and aromatic.
- Next add the chicken and fry together with garlic until brownish. Stir it from time to time to avoid toasting the garlic.
- Pour soy sauce, vinegar and add some peppercorns. Cover pan and let it boil over high heat and adjust to low heat after it boils. Simmer for about 15 minutes. Cooks note: Do not stir vinegar until it boils.
- Pour in Sprite and add bay leaves, let it cook for additional 15 minutes over low heat.
- Season with salt to taste. Let it simmer for a few more minutes to let the flavors absorb in the chicken.
- Turn off the heat as soon as you achieve your preferred amount of sauce while some wants it a little bit less sauce or dry.
- Serve it hot and enjoy!