The ingredients are easy to find..and yet this American Style Chicken bbq is just delicious! Try it Grilled chicken with Alabama bbq sauce, oh so finger lickin barbeque! Don’t forget to share to your friends. Enjoy!
GRILLED CHICKEN WITH ALABAMA BBQ SAUCE RECIPE
- For BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- For Chicken Marinate:
- Olive oil, for greasing the grill
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- ½ cup of tomato ketchup (or banana ketchup)
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp of soy sauce
- 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
- For the BBQ Sauce: Whisk all the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before using. Reserve a ramekin full of sauce, about 1/2 cup, to serve on the side.
- For the chicken: Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and marinate for 30 minutes or more.
- Preheat half of the grill to medium-high heat and the other half to low heat. Using tongs, dip a folded towel into olive oil and wipe over the grill grate.
- Arrange the chicken, skin side down, on the hottest area of the grill. Grill until seared and golden brown and crisp on each side, about 5 minutes.
- Move the chicken to the cooler part of the grill and brush with barbecue sauce.
- Continue to cook until the juices run clear, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Do not forget to flip the chicken halfway through its cooking time.
- Transfer the chicken to a serving platter and serve with sauce on the side. Enjoy!!