These Krispy Kreme are so easy to make! The whole family will surely enjoy your Homemade Krispy Kreme Donuts copycat.
Don’t worry, if you don’t have any donut cutter, you can use alternatively any cup to cut a circle to your flattened dough and a round 1.5 Coke crown to use as a cutter for the middle hole. That’s mama’s guide donut cutter improvising. 🙂
For dough kneading, even without the mixer. You can use extra muscle you’ve long forgotten and knead it manually with your hands. A little bit of exercise from time to time. Happy cooking and enjoy!
COPYCAT KRISPY KREME DONUTS RECIPE
- For Raised donuts:
- 4 ½ teaspoon rapid rise yeast (2 small package)
- 1/4 cup warm water (105−115°F)
- 1 ½ cups lukewarm milk (maligamgam)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 5 cups all−purpose flour
- Vegetable oil (deep frying)
- For the Creamy Glaze:
- 1/3 cup butter or lard (more whiter in lard)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- 4−6 tbsp. hot water
- Pour 1/4 cup of warm water and dissolve yeast in a mixing bowl. Add and combine milk, salt, eggs, shortening, sugar and 2 cups flour.
- Using a paddle, beat on low speed scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed scraping bowl occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in remaining flour until smooth.
- Place it in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap allowing a little space in between to let it rise. Place it in a warm place to lock the moisture in and make sure the dough won’t dry out or form a skin. Wait for it to double for 50−60 minutes. (Dough is ready when indentation remains when touched.)
- Place dough onto a floured surface; roll around lightly to coat with flour. Gently roll dough 1/2−inch thick with floured rolling pin. Cut with floured doughnut cutter. Cover and let rise until double, 30−40 minutes.
- For Frying: Heat vegetable oil in deep fryer to 180°C (350°F). Slowly add donuts into hot oil with wide spatula. Turn over donuts as they rise to the surface. Fry until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Remove carefully from oil (do not prick surface); drain.
- For the Creamy Glaze: Heat lard/butter until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Stir in water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency. (Use of lard is more white in color, use of butter a bit yellowish)
- Dip the donuts into creamy glaze and set it on a rack. Serve and enjoy!!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: