KFC ORIGINAL SECRET CHICKEN RECIPE
1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
3 beaten eggs
4 tablespoons oil
For the coating:
2 cups flour
4 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning (or chicken stock powder)
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon tarragon
1 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon chives
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Sift flour and add together all the coating ingredients and grind finely with a mortar and pestle and place in a clean plastic bag.
- Coat each chicken piece first with the beaten egg, then with the flour mixture in the bag. Make sure you coat each piece completely with the flour.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Brown the chicken in oil slowly, uncovered.
- Once browned, cover the skillet and keeping frying on a very gentle heat until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Place on paper towels to drain out the excess.
- Serve and enjoy!