This No Bake Lasagna recipe is Filipino style. No oven, no problem! We can still make a Lasagna even without an oven. Super super yummy recipe of Lasagna. This is the besy Lasagna I cooked. Three thumbs up for Holiday Season.
NO BAKE LASAGNA
500 Grams Lasagna Pasta (Boiling type)
1 Kilo ground Beef
1 Kilo Hunt’s Tomato Sauce Basil and Cheese Variant
3 Tbsp Tomato Paste (this will make sauce thick in texture)
1 cup Finely Chopped White Onion
1 head garlic, minced (10 cloves)
4 tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Sugar
Dried Basil Leaves
1 Can Nestle All Purpose Cream
3 Tbsp Cornstarch dissolved in 3 tbsp water
Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 Box Quick Melt Cheese (or mozzarella)
1/4 sliced of 1 bar Butter, unsalted (or 1/4 cup)
6 tablespoon Flour
1 cup full cream milk (or dissolve powdered milk in warm water. Powdered milk is rich in fat. The fat in this milk will help the sauce becomes thick)
1 can Evaporated Milk (400g)
1 cup grated cheese
1. Bechamel Sauce: This is the thick white sauce used for layering. In french cooking they call it roux.
2. In very low heat, melt about 1/4 sliced of butter. Make sure not to burn it. It should look golden yellow. Once butter is in little bubbles mix flour, whisk it using fork, until it becomes egg like lump and paste like.
3. In low heat, slowly add full cream milk. Mix it thoroughly until it becomes consistently smooth that when you spoon it, the thickness will cover the spoon. Mix and cook around 2 minutes then slowly mix in evaporated milk until very smooth in texture.
4. Cool and set it aside for later use. This sauce will be use for bottom and top layer.
5. Lasagna Pasta: Cook it for 13 minutes in boiling water with salt and 1 tbsp oil, cover and simmer. Make sure to mix it from time to time to avoid pasta from sticking on the pan. But be careful not to chip the lasagna. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
6. For the Sauce: (This will make Lasagna stick to all other ingredients without the need to bake it.)
7. Saute Garlic until light brown, followed by Onion until translucent.
8. Add in Ground Beef, salt pepper, soy sauce and basil.
9. Pour in Tomato Sauce and simmer for few minutes and mixing it to avoid sticking from the pan.
10. Add in Tomato paste and Diluted Cornstarch, Nestle All Purpose Cream.
11. Add in sugar and salt to adjust taste.
Simmer and mix for 2-3 minutes
12. Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese
Once cheese is melted, we’re ready to layer it in the pan!
13. How to Layer: Spread Bechamel Sauce (bottom). Add lasagna pasta and beef Sauce in layers. Repeat the pasta and beef sauce layers until baking pan is 3/4 filled.
14. The final 3 layers are: Bechamel Sauce, Parmesan cheese and Quickmelt cheese.
Cooking tips: Use more mozzarella to make every lasagna slice more cheesier or use Quickmelt cheese. They are both delicious!
If you really want the toasted look of baked lasagna. You may improvise and use a metal pan that you can place on top of the lasagna. Cover and place live charcoals on pan to slightly toast it on top. Just like how the bibingka is cooked. Don’t forget to put a handle for easy removal of cover.
Ready to serve. Enjoy!