Pininyahang Atay at balunbalunan ng Manok or in English language it is called Chicken Liver and Gizzard Adobo with Pineapple. Try it today, its yummy!
Pininyahang Atay at balunbalunan ng Manok
- ½ kilo Chicken liver
- ¼ kilo Chicken Gizzard
- ¼ kilo Chicken pieces
- 1 head garlic, crushed
- 1 Onion, minced
- 2 large green bell pepper, julienned
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 can pineapple chunks (reserve juice)
- 1 Star anise
- ½ tsp peppercorns,
- Salt and ground pepper
- In a wok, sauté garlic and onion. Add liver and chicken gizzard. Next add in chicken pieces. Season with pepper and cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Pour vinegar and let it boil. Do not stir vinegar and let the acid evaporate for a 2-3 minutes. Pour in soy sauce, pineapple chunks and pineapple juice.
- Add in star anise and bring to boil in medium heat. Then simmer for 20-30 minutes in low heat or until liver and gizzard is cooked. Add water to adjust as needed.
- Add whole peppercorns and bell peppers. Simmer for additional 5minutes. Add salt to taste and stir. Turn off heat.
- Serve and enjoy!