Pritong Manok ng Pinoy or fried chicken is basic and simple in ingredients. But awesomely tasty because it is marinated first before frying. Quick and easy recipe for people with hectic schedules. Leave it overnight in the marinate and its ready for frying before you go to your appointment the next day.
Pritong Manok ng Pinoy Recipe
- 1/2 kilo chicken, cut into serving pieces
- flour for dredging
- oil for frying (5 cups)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- juice of 1 lemon (or calamansi)
- tanglad/ lemongrass leaves, (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- For Chicken Marinade: Blend marinade well and combine with the chicken pieces. It’s best to marinate for 30 minutes minimum or best if longer (about 4 hours in the refrigerator). Stir meat occasionally to distribute marinade evenly.
- Roll and toss chicken pieces in flour. The technique is to put the flour on a zip loc bag or any small food plastic. Put chicken one at a time and shake.
- For Frying: Pour oil (about 5cups) in a large shallow wok or deep sauce pot over high heat, deep-fry chicken pieces in very hot oil for 5-8 minutes or until fully cooked and color is browned. You can add tanglad leaves on the wok while you deep fry the chicken to add aroma and flavor.
- Drain on paper towel. Serve with your favorite banana ketchup or gravy. Enjoy!