Try this Homemade fish ball at home, its easy to make and your ingredients are guaranteed fresh with no preservatives. Homemade is always the best option instead of buying frozen ones.
How to make Fishball with Manong Sauce
- 200 grams of fish fillet, mashed (boiled in water with salt and pepper)
- 1 cup of water from the boiled fish
- 2 cups of flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. of minced onion
- 3 tbsp. of minced red bell pepper
- 3 tbsp. of minced scallion/onion leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil for frying
- Mix flour and baking powder together.
- In a bowl or food processor, mix all the ingredients and stir well until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and set aside the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Dip/wet a spoon in a glass of water, scoop some fishball mix/batter and make a ball by the help of another spoon. Shape it around and gently push over the oil to fry.
- Deep fry the first fish ball batter in a low heat until the color turn into light brown. Taste it first and adjust the taste of the mixture or batter before frying the next batch .
Cooking Notes: If you want to save some of the fish balls for later use, you can boil them in boiling water (instead of frying) and keep it in your freezer. De-froze them later and fry.
Fish ball Brown Sauce:
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp soya sauce
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch diluted in 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup water
- Optional Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced chili
Mix all the ingredients in a pan and bring to boil. Stir constantly.
You can add minced chili, minced onions and minced garlic if you like a spicy sauce.
(Adjust the ingredients according to the taste you like). Happy Cooking!