How to make Fishball with Manong Sauce
- 200 grams of fish fillet, mashed (boiled in water with salt and pepper)
- 1 cup of water from the boiled fish
- 2 cups of flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. of minced onion
- 3 tbsp. of minced red bell pepper
- 3 tbsp. of minced scallion/onion leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil for frying
- Mix flour and baking powder together.
- In a bowl or food processor, mix all the ingredients and stir well until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and set aside the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Dip/wet a spoon in a glass of water, scoop some fishball mix/batter and make a ball by the help of another spoon. Shape it around and gently push over the oil to fry.
- Deep fry the first fish ball batter in a low heat until the color turn into light brown. Taste it first and adjust the taste of the mixture or batter before frying the next batch .
Cooking Notes: If you want to save some of the fish balls for later use, you can boil them in boiling water (instead of frying) and keep it in your freezer. De-froze them later and fry.
Fish ball Brown Sauce:
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp soya sauce
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp of cornstarch diluted in 1/2 cup of water
- 1 cup water
- Optional Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced chili
Mix all the ingredients in a pan and bring to boil. Stir constantly.
You can add minced chili, minced onions and minced garlic if you like a spicy sauce.
(Adjust the ingredients according to the taste you like). Happy Cooking!