For the patty:
1 kilo Ground beef
150 grams carrot, minced
1/2 cup onion, minced
1 piece egg
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoon catsup
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
For the sandwich:
1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
Honey mustard sauce (recipe below)
1 pound ground beef
1 large sweet onion, sliced
1 large tomato, sliced
4 lettuce leaves
4 sesame seed or onion buns, split and toasted
4 slices cheese
4 bacon strips, cooked
For Honey Mustard Sauce:
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoons lemon juice
Salt and pepper
For the honey mustard sauce:
Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. The sauce can be held in the refrigerator for 1 week.
For the patty:
1. In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, carrot, onion, paprika, garlic powder, egg, salt,catchup, pepper, and bread crumbs. Mix until the ingredient are distributed properly.
2. Scoop 1/2 cup of ground meat mixture and mold each into a ball shaped figure.
3. Using the molder gently press on the ball shaped meat mixture to form a flat ground beef burger patty.
4. Lightly dust the surface of a large, hot saute pan, When the pan is very hot, but not smoking, lay a patty in the pan.
5. Rapidly add a second burger. Brown the meat, about 20 seconds. Turn patties to other side. Cook until done, about 1 minute.
6. Remove cooked burgers to a warm platter. Repeat process with remaining burgers.
Drain pineapple slices & juice into a small bowl; (you can grill pineapple slices if you like)
Layer with lettuce and onion on bottom of buns. Top with burgers, honey mustard sauce, cheese, tomato, pineapple and bacon..
Serve and enjoy!