Skip to content
Unripe jackfruit stewed in coconut milk with crabs and long green chili peppers. Yummy classic lutong bahay that my mom will cook for us. Happy cooking and enjoy!
Ginataang Langka with Alimasag
- 2 cups langka, chopped into pieces (unripe young jackfruit)
- 6 pcs Alimasag, (1 kilo) chopped in half
- 2 inches ginger, peeled & strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cups pure coconut milk
- 1 piece siling labuyo, (optional)
- 2 pieces siling haba, (long green chili)
- Patis and pepper
- Pinch, Magic Sarap (optional)
- In a saucepan, add langka and enough water to cover it. Bring it to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and coconut milk. Stir and cook until langka becomes very cooked and soft.
- Add the crabs and continue to simmer. Let it cook until the crabs change in color.
- Constantly stir to prevent sticking at the bottom.
- Once the sauce is thicker, add in siling haba, chili peppers. Season with Magic Sarap, Patis and pepper to taste.
- Cover pot and let it cook for additional 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
THIS RECIPE GOES WELL WITH:
Sinigang na Hipon
SUBSCRIBE TO NOTIFICATION