Are you craving for Fresh Lumpia like the one in Goldilocks? This recipe is an all time favorite classic Filipino Fresh Lumpia recipe with special sauce and wrapper recipe. Do it your own at home all in one recipe! Yummmy!!
Fresh Lumpia (with Sauce and Wrapper Recipe)
2 cups ubod or (alternatively sweet potato, cubed)
2 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
1 ½ cup carrots, julienned
½ cup water
½ cup peanuts, crushed
6 pieces Lettuce leaves
½ lb pork, thinly sliced
1 pack extra firm tofu, sliced in strips
1 cup shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 cups string beans (baguio beans), chopped
1 medium sized onions, chopped
3 tbsp garlic, minced
1 pork cube
Lumpia Wrapper ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 pieces raw eggs
2 tbsp cooking oil
½ tsp salt
1½ cups milk
For the Lumpia Sauce:
2-3/4 cups water
¼ cup soy sauce
¾ cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted peanuts, ground
1 head garlic (about 3 tablespoons), peeled and minced
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons peanut butter
1. For the Filling: Heat a pan and pour-in the cooking oil, sauté the garlic is brownish and onions becomes transparent. Add pork and cook until color turns light brown. Add pork cube and add ½ cup water then simmer until pork is tender.
2. Then add the shrimps, followed by ubod. Saute and cook for 5 minutes until ubod is tender.
3. Next, add your tofu and cook for a few more minutes. Add carrots and string beans. Add patis (fish sauce) and stir. Set aside.
4. For the homemade Lumpia Wrapper:
In a mixing bowl, Crack 2 eggs and beat.
Pour milk and continue beating.
Season with salt, add all-purpose flour. Whisk until smooth. Add vegetable oil and combine well.
5. To Cook Lumpia Wrapper: Use a non-stick pan, over lowest heat. Spray the pan with oil or grease with butter.
6. Pour-in the wrapper mixture (about half a cup) and tilt the pan to distribute the liquid evenly.
7. Cook until the top part of the mixture is dry (about 2 minutes). Using a spatula, remove the cooked mixture and place in a flat plate. (no need to turn it over). Set aside
8. How to Wrap the filling:
Place the wrapper in a plate then place a lettuce leaf in the middle top part of the wrapper. Spoon the filling and place in the middle of the wrapper (over the lettuce leaf).
9. Close the wrapper by folding the wrapper just like an envelope and roll it on the side. Sealing it with a hints of water. .
10. Pour the sauce over the Lumpiang Sariwa and garnish with crushed peanuts and minced garlic.
11. How to cook Lumpia Sauce
In a sauce pot over medium heat, combine 2-1/2 cups of the water, soy sauce, brown sugar and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring regularly, until sugar is dissolved. Add garlic and peanuts. Continue to cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Lower down heat, stir cornstarch and the remaining ¼ cup water in a small bowl. Then, pour it in the sauce pot. Stir regularly, until sauce is thick. Add peanut butter and mix until smooth and well incorporated. Turn off heat.
Serve and enjoy your delicious homemade lumpiang Sariwa!!
You may also try our newest recipe:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.