This homemade sardines is one best tasting ever.. with some special ingredients that you need to take note.
Always use the top quality ingredients like the extra virgin olive that is super healthy. According to Healthline: Extra virgin olive oil is incredible healthy because of its powerful anti-oxidants and it is claimed around the world as one of the most healthiest fats on the planet.
Homemade Spanish Sardines
1 kilo tawilis (or sprats)
1 pc. pickled cucumber
1 medium size carrot
3-4 bay leaves
Chilies, any (siling labuyo, jalapeno, hot pepper), adjust to your spice tolerance
3/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil (alternatively corn oil)
1 cup of water
1 tablespoon salt
1. Cut each fish (head and tails plus the innards) and wash thoroughly.
2. Add salt to the tawilis (sprats) and let it stand first for 5 minutes.
3. In a Pressure Cooker: Put sardines together with carrots, pickled cucumber, bay leaf, whole peppercorns, chillies, olive oil & water inside the pressure cooker. Liquid should be level with the fish.
4. Pour in the olive oil. Olive oil should be just enough to cover all the ingredients.
5. Cook sardines for 30-45 minutes.
6. Serve hot with rice. Serve and enjoy!
Note: You may also use, milk fish (bangus), galunggong (round scad).
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.