1 kilo tawilis (sprats)
1 pc. pickled cucumber (optional)
1 medium size carrot
3-4 bay leaves
Chilies (siling labuyo optional)
3/4 cup of olive oil (or corn oil)
1 cup of water
salt (1 tbsp)
1. Cut each fish (head and tails plus the innards) and wash thoroughly.
2. Add salt to the tawilis (sprats) and let it stand first for 5 minutes.
3. Put sardines together with carrots, pickled cucumber, bay leaf, whole peppercorns, chillies, olive oil & water inside the pressure cooker. Liquid should be level with the fish.
4. Pour in the olive oil. Olive oil should be just enough to cover all the ingredients.
5. Cook sardines for 30-45 minutes.
6. Serve hot with rice. Serve and enjoy!
Note: You may also use, milk fish (bangus), galunggong (round scad).