Bacon and Cheese Loaf Bread
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 3¼ cups warm water
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2¾ cup cheddar cheese, fresh grated not bagged
- 12 strips cooked thick cut bacon, chopped and divided
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Use a large mixing bowl, mix and combine water, yeast, salt and sugar. Allow mixture to sit for several minutes.
- Then add the following in the same bowl, add flour, two cups of cheese, ½ bacon and fresh ground black pepper. Mix with spoon until combined. Dough will be shaggy. Don’t worry if it looks messy. It will come together in the end.
- Cover with a towel and allow to rise in a warm place for an hour.
- After an hour, turn dough out onto a dusted board and knead for a few minutes. It does not need to be completely smooth. Just knead the dough until it comes together. Once dough is ready, you can start to divide it into two equal halves and place in standard loaf pans.
- Place cover on loaves with cheese and bacon toppings. Cover loaf pans with towel and allow to rest for thirty minutes.
- Bake in a 400º oven for fifteen minutes. Cover loosely with foil and reduce heat to 350ºf and continue baking for another 35 minutes. Remove foil and allow to bake for another 10 minutes.
Notes: If the dough feels too wet, add a little more flour but know that this dough is a bit stickier than most.