Want something special other than the traditional drumstick chicken bbq? Or you want to give a little treat to impress your friends? Discover this – Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken Lollipops
Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken Lollipops
10 chicken legs
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon Red chili paste
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 teaspoon finely chopped green chili
1 teaspoon finely chopped celery
1 tbsp finely chopped Spring onions
4 tablespoons wheat flour
Apple Brown Betty Sauce:
4 ounces butter, melted
4 ounces powdered sugar
4 ounces Bourbon (substitute with vanilla flavoring)
*’Mix all ingredients until smooth!
1. Combine the soy sauce, red chili paste, vinegar, garlic, celery, spring onions and green chilies. Mix well.
2. On each chicken leg, push the meat down to one end.
3. Marinate the chicken legs for at least 1/2 hour.
4. Remove the chicken legs from the marinade and add flour to the marinade to make a batter.
5. Wrap each chicken legs with bacon and secure it with small toothpick, cut tootpicks into very small size if needed.
6. Dip the chicken legs in the batter and grill until done.
7. 5 minutes before being fully cooked, baste chicken with a little Apple Brown Betty Sauce! Oh so yummy!
Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Want a Mama’s Guide Mobile App? From our website, go to chrome browser settings and click “Add to home screen”. An icon will automatically display on your mobile screen for you to access our website anytime you want.
Don’t forget to subscribe to our daily updates of recipes and click yes to notifications. Happy cooking!