Baked oyster, butter, garlic and cheese.. mmmm.. sounds perfect with a french onion soup on the side and some toasted bread. Wow.. Happy cooking!
Baked Oyster with Garlic and Cheese
- 2 kilos talaba or oysters, retain half shell
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 whole garlic (minced)
- 2 cups grated cheese, the more toppings the better
- fresh parsley, minced (garnish)
- In a pan, melt butter in medium heat.
Saute minced garlic until golden brown.
- Drain garlic and set aside the melted butter.
- Prepare oysters – clean and wash thoroughly.
- Choose those with deeper shells so it can hold more toppings. Pour boiling water into each oyster.
- Place topping into each oyster shell. Pour the melted butter on the oyster then top garlic.
- Place a very generous amount of cheese then more garlic on top. You can also sprinkle powdered milk on top of the cheese.
- Bake in an oven pre heated at 160°C (350°F) for approximately 10-15 mins or until cheese has melted. Serve hot with chopped fresh parsley on top. Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR: