1/2 kg beef, cubed
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1 medium onion, diced
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon whole pepper corn
1 small can tomato sauce
1 cup chickpeas (garbanzos)
1 large plantain banana (ripe), chopped
1 medium sized potato, cubed
1 medium carrots, sliced
1 small cabbage, quartered
1/4 lb long green beans
1 bunch bok choy (pechay)
1 cup water
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 chicken cube
Salt and Pepper to taste
Sugar to taste
1. Heat cooking oil in a cooking pot.
2. Sauté garlic, onions, and tomatoes
3. Add meat and cook until the color turns light brown.
4. Add-in chicken cube, whole pepper corn, and tomato sauce. Stir.
5. Add water and let boil. Simmer until meat is tender (about 30 to 40 minutes).
6. In a separate frying pan, fry potatoes and saba until golden light brown. Set aside.
6. Add-in potato, carrots, saba, and chick peas. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
7. Add cabbage and long green beans. Cook for 5 minutes.
8. Stir-in the bok choy. Cover the pot and turn off the heat.
9. Let the residual heat cook the bok choy (about 5 minutes).
10. Season with salt, pepper and sugar according to desired taste.
11. Transfer to a serving plate and serve with rice, eat the Filipino way and enjoy!