Skip to content
Post Views: 233,540
Slurp your way to happiness with this Beef Pochero Tagalog recipe. Its not delicious, its very delicious! Celebrate your weekend with Pochero, its nutritious for the whole family. Happy cooking!
BEEF POCHERO TAGALOG
- 1.5 kilogram beef short ribs
- ½ medium cabbage, quartered
- 1 bunch Bok choy (pechay)
- 15 pcs baguio beans (green beans)
- 1 medium sized potato, slice in wedges
- 1 medium carrots, slice in wedges
- 2 large saging na saba (ripe plantains banana), sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp whole pepper corn
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 pack tomato sauce (200g)
- 1 cup garbanzos
- salt or patis (fish sauce)
- pinch of sugar, to taste
Cooking notes: you may also add fresh sweet corn cobs (slice into 3)
- In a pot of water, boil the beef for about 5 minutes. Turn off heat, drain and remove water from beef. (This process will help you easily remove scums from the beef).
- In a pan, heat oil and fry the banana slices over low heat. Fry it for 1-2 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Drain from oil and set it aside.
- In a large pot, sauté garlic, onion, and tomatoes. Add the beef and stir fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, fish sauce and whole pepper corn. stir it well and let it come to a boil.
- Pour in enough water and let it boil. Adjust heat to low and let it simmer until meat becomes very tender for about 2 hours (In pressure cooker, about 35 minutes).
- Once the beef is very tender, add the carrots, fried bananas, potatoes, and garbanzos. Let it cook for about 7 minutes.
- Once the ingredients are tender, you may add the baguio beans and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Lastly, add the cabbage, bok choy and immediately turn off the heat. Cover the pot for 5 minutes to cook the leafy vegetables. (should be half cook only).
- Serve it hot and enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO TRY OUR:
Share this to your friends: