Bibingkang Malagkit is a Filipino food that will always be a part of any Filipino celebration. Serve one tray of
Bibingkang Malagkit in any Filipino occasion, your guest will surely be delighted. You can add lanka to add more flavor or you can add some add on toppings like cheese!
2 cups glutinous rice
1/2 cup coconut milk powder
2 cups water
1/2 cup brown sugar
a pinch of salt
2 tbsp coconut oil
Coconut Caramel Sauce:
1 cup coconut milk powder
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup condensed milk
1 cup water
1. Prepare Bibingka: Wash glutinous rice and drain. Add enough water to cover rice and soak for at least 2 hours. Drain water and place in a cooking pot.
2. Pour 2 cups of water on the rice. Then, add in coconut milk powder, brown sugar, salt, and coconut oil. Stir and bring to a boil over medium heat.
3. Once boiling, you can reduce heat to lowest and let it simmer. Stir it continually until the texture thickens and becomes sticky. Turn off heat.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
5. Grease your baking dish with oil. Then, transfer the sticky rice to the baking dish and spread evenly. Set aside.
6. Prepare your Coconut Caramel Sauce: In a sauce pan, combine the coconut milk powder, water, sugar, and coconut oil and stir. Heat the pan under low temperature and bring to a boil. Continue to simmer the sauce while stirring occasionally until it thickens. Turn off heat.
7. Assemble: Pour and spread the caramel sauce over the prepared bibingka rice on your baking dish. Then, bake for about 10 minutes or until the topping becomes firm.
Serve and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website. Happy cooking!