S’mores And caramel Cheesecake
• 1 ½ cups digestive biscuit crumbs
• ½ cup brown sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 5 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
• ¾ cup mini chocolate morsels
• 1 cup marshmallows
• 4 230 g packs of cream cheese, softened
• ½ cup sour cream
• 2 eggs
• ¾ cup heavy cream
• ¾ cup white granulated sugar
• 2 Tbsp cornstarch
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 jar caramel sauce
• 2 cups marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 160° and grease a 9 inch spring form. You will need a large roasting pan (one that’s bigger and longer than the spring form. I use the aluminum foil disposable ones.)
In a small bowl, combine biscuit crumbs, melted butter, vanilla extract and brown sugar. Mix very well.
- Spread crumb mixture in the bottom on the spring form, evenly, pressing it over the bottom and halfway up the sides.
- Spread mini chocolate morsels and marshmallows over the bottom, evenly.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and fluffy. Scrape sides and bottom on the bowl and beat for another minute.
- Add cornstarch and sugar and mix until combined.
- Beat in eggs until well incorporated. Add sour cream, vanilla extract, and heavy cream and beat until all mixed very well.
- Transfer batter into the springform and spread in evenly. (If you are not sure about your springform holding up in water, you can wrap the springform in heavy duty aluminum foil from bottom up to the sides.)
- Place roasting pan into the oven and place cheesecake springform inside the roasting pan. Carefully add water to the roasting pan, about halfway up the side of the spring form.
- Bake for 90-95 minutes. Turn off the oven and open the oven door half way. Let cheesecake rest for 10 minutes and take it out of the oven.
- Cool cheesecake for an hour.
- Turn on the broiler in the oven.
- Spread caramel sauce over the top of the cheesecake and spread marshmallows evenly on top.
- Place cheesecake back in the center of the oven, under the broiler. Let marshmallow toast for only 30-35 seconds. Watch it because they toast very quickly. Take out the cheesecake once marshmallows are lightly browned.
- Cool cheesecake completely, cover gently and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.