For the batter:
4 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup stork margarine
1 jar orange marmalade
Juice of 1 orange
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 whole eggs, beaten
For the frosting:
240g cream cheese (I used la vache qui rit)
115g unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 tsp grated orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 190 C.
2. Sift together self raising flour, sugar, and baking powder. Place in a mixing bowl. Use a pastry cutter or two knives to mix in the margarine.
3. Mix marmalade, orange juice, and vanilla essence in a small bowl. Pour into dry ingredients.
4. Beat eggs and pour into the bowl. Mix all ingredients together gently, using fewer than 10 large strokes.
5. Fill muffin pans with batter using an ice cream scoop spoon. Batter should yield about 18 cupcakes.
6. Bake for 20 minutes until done. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
For frosting – using an electric mixer beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla essence and orange zest. Use a piping bag to spread the frosting and decorate with some chocolate decorations of your choice.
Your cupcakes are ready! Serve and enjoy!