500 grams of rice noodles or bihon, boiled and drained
For the toppings:
1 cup of tinapa flakes (optional)
3 eggs, boiled and cut into wedges
500 grams of shrimp, peeled and deveined, steamed
1 cup of chicharon, ground
1/2 cup of green onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup of garlic, fried
5 pieces of calamansi, sliced
For the sauce:
2 cups of pork broth
2 cups of shrimp stock
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 piece of onion, chopped
500 grams of ground pork
3 tablespoons of cooking oil
1 tablespoon of annatto seed, soaked in 4 tablespoons of warm water
3 tablespoons of fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
8 tablespoons of flour
1. In a Sauce Pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic and onions.
2. Add ground pork and cook until brown.
3. Mix in the flour and stir well.
4. Add annatto, fish sauce, shrimps stock and pork broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Simmer until sauce becomes thick.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Transfer the cooked noodles to a serving plate and pour the sauce.
8. Arrange the toppings over the sauce and garnish with green onions.
9. Serve with calamansi.
10. Serve. Share and Enjoy!
Photo by Chef’s Classics