Try this Special Chicken Caldereta recipe for a change. The usual beef recipe can also be cooked in chicken variant. And it taste even better without taking too much of your time. Happy cooking!
Chicken Caldereta Recipe
- 8 to 12 pieces of chicken legs
- 2 pieces of chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1/4 cup black or green olives, sliced
- 2 pieces of carrots, sliced to cubes
- 250 grams of marble potatoes
- 1 piece of onion leeks, sliced
- 2 pieces of red or green bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 bar of cheese, grated
- 1 can of liver spread
- 1 small pack of tomato paste
- 1 small pack of tomato sauce
- 1 pack of Caldereta mix (optional)
- 1 piece of onion, minced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Cooking oil
- Patis, pepper and chili flakes to taste
- Water or chicken stock
- In a Casserole, heat oil to sauté the onion and garlic until soft and fragrant over medium heat. Add in chicken legs and let it brown a on all sides. Adjust heat to low and add in chorizo, potato, carrots and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Then toss in onion leeks.
- Add some Chicken stock and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Adjust heat to low and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add in tomato paste, tomato sauce, liver spread and mix it well until sauce are well incorporated. Add in bell pepper, green peas, olives and grated cheese. Mix it well to the sauce.
- Finally, stir in the caldereta mix. Let it simmer for additional 10 to 15 minutes and wait for the sauce to thicken. Season with patis, pepper and chili flakes. Turn off heat.
- Serve. Share and Enjoy!