Here’s another Family favorite – Lumpiang Ubod. It’s everyone’s favorite, especially among the titos and titas. How amazing, it’s incredibly easy to prepare.
1 kilo of ubod, julienned
1 cup of chicken breast, cooked, shredded
1 carrot, shredded
250 grams of small size shrimps, peeled and deveined
3 tablespoons of oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 piece of onion, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Green ice lettuce
For the sauce:
1/4 cup of soy sauce
2 3/4 cups of water
1/4 cup of water for the cornstarch
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of cornstarch, diluted into 1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
1 head of garlic, minced
1 cup of peanuts, ground
For the wrapper:
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of flour
65 grams of unsalted butter
Butter, for coating the pan
1. In a pan, saute garlic and onions.
2. Add shrimp, chicken, ubod and carrots. Cook until tender.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Then, transfer to a plate.
4. Lay a wrapper on a clean, flat surface and place lettuce on top.
5. Add four tablespoons of ubod and fold.
6. Pour sauce on top of the lumpia. Sprinkle fresh minced garlic and ground peanuts.
For the sauce:
1. Combine soy sauce, water and sugar in a sauce pan. Bring the mix to a boil.
2. Whisk the mix vigorously and add diluted cornstarch. Cook until thickened.
3. Add peanut butter and stir until it dissolves and is well combined.
For the lumpia wrapper:
1. Combine flour, cornstarch, water, egg and melted butter.
2. Whisk together until well combined and smooth.
3. Heat a nonstick pan and grease the pan with butter.
4. Pour 1/4 cup of batter into the center of the pan and swirl to spread evenly.
5. Cook for 30 seconds and flip.
6. Remove lumpia wrapper from the pan by sliding onto plate.
7. Repeat the process with remaining batter.