Sweet and Sour Lapu lapu Recipe
1 piece of Lapu-lapu fish
1/2 cup of flour
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup of oil, canola or vegetable
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 piece of onion, cut into 4 parts
1 thumb sized ginger, julienned
1 piece of red bell pepper, julienned
1 piece of green bell pepper, julienned
1 piece of carrot, julienned
2 tablespoons of light soy sauce
2 tablespoons of rice wine
8 tablespoons of tomato sauce
5 tablespoons of vinegar
5 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1. To begin, clean and season the fish. Coat it with flour and fry until crispy.
2. In small bowl, combine together the soy sauce, rice wine, tomato sauce, vinegar and sugar. Add 500 ml water and set aside.
3. Dilute the cornstarch in 6 tablespoons of cold water. Set mix aside.
4. Heat the oil in your Fry pan.
5. Saute the garlic, ginger, bell peppers and carrots for two minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
6. In the same pan, add onion and cook for two minutes.
7. Add tomato sauce mixture and let it boil.
8. Mix in the cooked vegetables.
9. Stir in the diluted cornstarch. Continue stirring until the sauce thickens.
10. Add water to adjust consistency.
11. Simmer for a few minutes, and season to taste!
12. Pour the sauce on the fried Lapu-lapu, and serve immediately.
13. Share and Enjoy!
You may also try our newest recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website!
Do subscribe to our daily recipes by clicking Yes to “ALLOW NOTIFICATIONS” in the pop up window.
You may comment on this post using our Facebook Comment by clicking through links posted on our Facebook page.
Do you have any questions about this recipe? Do you have any concern about the ingredients, substitute or any cooking tips? Just comment below for any feedback. We’d love to know your thoughts.
Kindly rate back our recipes if you tried it and you’re satisfied. Thanks a lot for supporting our website.