Wanna make this Ginataang Mais more exciting and much delicious? You can add a cup of cooked sago (buy it in palengke), or any of the following: saging, kamote or langka too to add variety to this delicious merienda. For the sweet corn, you can buy the cooked one from the mais vendor or buy the sweet corn kernels in can sold at the supermarket. Happy cooking!
How to Cook Ginataang Mais
1 ½ cup malagkit rice/glutinous rice
1 cup sugar (Adjust to your liking)
1 big can Corn kernels (or 1 large cooked mais at ginadgad)
8-10 cups of water. (Dagdag ng konti lang po depende sa lapot na gusto)
2 cups coconut milk (or coconut cream)
1. In a pot, add water and malagkit rice at tubig. Bring it to a boil over medium heat.
2. Add corn kernels when the water starts to boil. Keep stirring so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
3. Let it cook over low heat until the malagkit rice and corn kernels are cooked.
4. Add sugar and pinch of salt to balance the taste. Then add coconut milk.
5. Let it cook until the sauce becomes thick over low heat and constantly stirring.
Serve hot and enjoy!