Do you love ube? I’ve got more ube for you.. all ube lovers out there.. this ube mamon recipe is so light and fluffy! You can top these mamon too, with butter and cheese on top after baking.. it will turn out more delicious as ever!
Ube Mamon Recipe
2 cups cake flour
1 cup sugar, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup corn oil
1 teaspoon ube flavoring
6 egg yolks
10 egg whites
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
melted butter sugar
grated cheese (optional)
1. Preheat your oven and prepare mamon tin cans and grease it with oil.
2. In a bowl, sift together flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl, mix water, milk, oil, flavorings, and egg yolks.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients. Until well incorporated.
5. Prepare your stand mixer or electric hand mixer and start beating egg whites, remaining sugar, and cream of tartar until it becomes hard peak meringue.
Tips: How to know it’s already hard peak? It is hard peak when you invert your mixing bowl and it doesn’t move, even if you sway or thrash it gently in the air.
6. Then you can start folding it into the first mixture. Just cut and fold the mixture and meringue together. Making sure the air between the meringue and mixture will not vanish. This is what makes your mamon fluffy.
7. Pour into mamon tin cans, leave 1/4 allowance in the rim. Bake at 180°C (350ºF) for 20 to 30 minutes. Check with toothpick test in the center if it comes out clean to see if it’s cook.
8. Let it cool completely before you invert each tin cans to a plate. Brush on top with melted butter, sprinkle with grated cheese.
Serve and enjoy. Happy baking!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.