A healthy brownie snack.. Another healthy option you can add to your snack and let the whole family try it! Aside from nuts you can also add dates or raisins. Wow that sounds delicious right. Happy baking!
SWEET POTATO BROWNIES
1 cup Boiled sweet potatoes (camote)
100g Butter (0.44 cup or 1 stick butter)
1/2 cup + 2 tsp Cocoa powder (60g)
7/8 cup brown sugar (175g)
1 cup All Purpose flour (120g)
1-1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Vanilla flavor
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 cup nuts, chopped
1) Preheat the oven at 180°C and grease an 8×8-inch baking tin which has to lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil .
2) Heat the butter in a saucepan over low heat or in the microwave until melted. Remove from the heat, add the cocoa powder, brown sugar and vanilla flavor and stir until well combined.
3) Add the eggs and mashed sweet potato to the cocoa mixture and mix well.
4) In another bowl mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Then add to the sweet potato mixture, add chopped nuts and fold until well mixed – take care not to over mix
It took 15 minutes to make the batter.
5) Spoon the batter ( the batter will be dense ) into the baking tin and smooth the surface with a spatula. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until the surface is cracked and a skewer comes out clean.
6) Remove from the oven and let it cool in the tin for 5 minutes . Cut into squares and transfer to a cooling rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream or dust with powdered sugar on top. Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thank you for dropping by our website!