This Sinigang Pink Salmon belly recipe is easy peasy. It’s delicious, quick and easy to cook. Just buy a pre-cut pink salmon belly in the super market and your in for a very quick hot soup!
Sinigang na Pink Salmon
1 kilogram Pink Salmon belly
1 pack sinigang sa Sampaloc mix (1 liter pack, tamarind base soup mix)
1-2 big tomato, sliced (large)
1 big onion, semi-sliced
¼ lb fresh spinach or Kangkong (water spinach) *i used spinach and watercrest
1 bundle Sitaw
1 liter water (or add rice washing)
Salt to taste
- Sprinkle salt to the sliced salmon belly and set aside.
- Add water in the casserole with the tomato and onion and bring it to a boil.
- Add the Salmon and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes
- Add the sinigang sa Sampaloc mix followed by sitaw (string beans), simmer fo about 3 mins. Add the spinach.
- Turn off the heat and cover the pan for 5 to 7 minutes. Serve hot. Enjoy!