Chicken Skewers (Asian Style)
4 chicken breasts fillet, sliced and cubed
1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
1 red bell pepper, deseeded
1 yellow bell pepper
Lime leaves (I used Calamansi and lemon leaves)
2 tbsp. sunflower oil (I used olive oil)
2 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. Thai red curry paste
½ – 1 can coconut milk
- For the marinade: Put the red curry paste in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook for 1 minute. Add half of the coconut milk to the saucepan and bring the mixture to the boil. Boil gently for 2-3 minute. Boil gently for 2-3 minutes until the liquid has reduce about two-thirds.
- Turn off heat and stir in the remaining coconut milk. Set aside and let it cool.
- Slice chicken into cubes around 1 inch in size. Add and mix chicken cubes into the cold marinade, place in fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Slice onion into wedges and the bell peppers into 1 inch pieces.
- Take out chicken from fridge, drain chicken pieces from marinade and skewer chicken pieces. alternating the chicken with the vegetables and lime leaves.
- In a small bowl, mix oil and lime and brush the mixture over the kebabs.
- Barbeque grill the skewers over the hot coals, turning and basting for 10-15b minutes until the chicken is cooked through barbecue grill. Serve and enjoy!