Chocolate Ganache Icing
170 grams (about 1 cup) BITTERSWEET chocolate chips
170 grams (about 1 cup) SEMI-SWEET chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream (alternatively all purpose cream)
1. In a pot bring the heavy cream to boil and turn off heat. Add the chocolate chips, mix until melted and becomes satin smooth. Turn off the heat right away and let the chocolate chunks be melted from the residual heat. Do not cook chocolate in direct heat. Just melt it from boiling cream.
2. Mix it until very smooth. If chunks are still left, heat it with very low heat and turn it off as soon as it melts. Your goal is not to burn the chocolate, it turns into blackish color if overcooked.
3. Mix it well and make sure there are no chunks of chocolate left unmelted. This is to avoid chunks of chocolate from clogging into your piping later on.
4. Once done. Turn of heat and let it cool at room temperature. Approximately 2 hours cooling time.
5. Your target is a texture that can be easily scooped using spoon that holds texture or can be pipe.
6. Start to frost the top of cake with ganache and top with the other cake. Frost the sides.
7. Scoop the ganache into a cake decorating bag fitted with Wilton #199 star tip. Start on top around the cake and in the bottom.
Your Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache Icing is ready.
You may also try our icing recipes:
Did you try cooking this recipe? Send us your food photo. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: email@example.com or message us on our Facebook Page.
You may also post it in your own timeline publicly: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter and hashtag us #MamasGuideRecipes. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.