Afritadang Atay or also known as Pork Liver Afritada is very good for people with low blood. Its an Iron-rich recipe and super tasty delicious.
- 1/2 kilo pork liver (sliced to desired size)
- 3 medium size potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (dissolved in water)
- salt and pepper
1. In a pan, saute garlic and onion until fragrant and cooked.
2. Next, add the liver pieces and continue to saute for a minute.
3. Add in carrots, potatoes, tomato paste and soy sauce.
4. Stir and simmer for a few more minutes. Add water then cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Check if carrots and potatoes are tender when poked with a fork.
5. Finally, add dissolved cornstarch (in water). Continue mixing until sauce becomes thick.
6. Add bell pepper and simmer for 1 minute or two. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat. Serve hot.
Share and enjoy!