Afritadang Atay or also known as Pork Liver Afritada is very good for people with low blood. Its an Iron-rich recipe and super tasty delicious.
1/2 kilo pork liver (sliced to desired size)
3 medium size potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 carrots, sliced
1 red bell pepper, julienned
3 cloves garlic
1 tablespoons tomato paste
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 cup water
1 teaspoon cornstarch (dissolved in water)
salt and pepper
1. In a pan, saute garlic and onion until fragrant and cooked.
2. Next, add the liver pieces and continue to saute for a minute.
3. Add in carrots, potatoes, tomato paste and soy sauce.
4. Stir and simmer for a few more minutes. Add water then cover and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Check if carrots and potatoes are tender when poked with a fork.
5. Finally, add dissolved cornstarch (in water). Continue mixing until sauce becomes thick.
6. Add bell pepper and simmer for 1 minute or two. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off heat. Serve hot.
Share and enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.