The secret to making a delicious shrimp tempura isnʻt the shrimp. Itʻs the tempura batter.
SHRIMP TEMPURA RECIPE
PREP TIME: 40 MIN
COOK TIME: 20 MIN
10 Jumbo shrimp (the bigger the better. Thaw if they are frozen.)
Flour (tempura flour)
3 scrambled eggs
Tempura sauce ingredients:
1 cup fish or shrimp broth
½ cup soy sauce
¼ cup rice wine
2 tsp. sugar
4 cloves minced garlic
½ cup grated radish or labanos
1. Prepare shrimp. Remove shells. Make a shallow slit down the back to devein the shrimp. If you canʻt locate the vein, itʻs not a big deal.
2. Turn the shrimp over and make a few tiny slits across the belly. Bend the shrimp so that it is as straight and long as possible.
3. Heat vegetable or peanut oil to 170 degrees C. Check temperature with chopsticks. When there are small bubbles around the chopstick, the oil is ready.
4. Beat egg yolks and add 2 ice cubes into the bowl to keep the mixture cold. Set bowl aside.
5. In a separate bowl place 1 1/2 c flour.
6. In another bowl place 1/2 bag of Panko breadcrumbs.
7. When the oil is hot, you are ready to deep fry the shrimp.
8. Do these steps with each individual shrimp: Roll in flour, then dip in scrambled egg, then coat with Panko breadcrumbs and place carefully in fryer.
9. Remember, the flour is first, NOT the scrambled egg mixture.
10. Fry about 2 minutes on each side or until batter is golden brown.
11. Place onto clean paper towels to drain off excess oil.
12. Wait until cool and then ENJOY!
To make tempura sauce:
1. Mix all ingredients and cook for 5 minutes. Cool before serving.
Try our Holiday Recipes:
Thank you for dropping by our website! Please subscribe to our daily recipe notifications.
Don’t forget to Pin us to PINTEREST. You can comment your question there and we’ll be glad to answer your question or feedback about the recipe.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.