Chicken Feet Adobo is a unique recipe of adobo using chicken feet. In our country, grilled chicken feet are commonly known as Adidas. It was coined from the famous brand of shoes. The term “adidas” is a colloquial term. Because some people is not yet accustomed to eating chicken feet. Some bystanders along streets would joke and call it “Adidas” to make it more appealing.
I guess that is what I remember from my childhood memory, and even in local movies that’s what locals would call it.
Nowadays, people are more diverse when it comes to exotic food and because of the world wide web, there are thousands of recipes that are being discovered and adapted by Filipinos. In the next ten more years, people can enjoy more delicious food as our horizons in international recipes become very accessible to everyone.
These chicken feet are one of the favorites in neighboring asian countries too.
Chicken Feet Adobo
½ kilo chicken feet, cleaned well, chop off tips of fingers, and remove foot calluses.
½ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
½ teaspoon whole peppercorn
2 pieces red chili peppers
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
2 pieces dried bay leaves
5 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons cooking oil
½ cup water
- Heat cooking pot and add cooking oil.
- Fry the chicken feet until color turns light brown. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Saute garlic and dried chili. Then add in the fried chicken feet, soy sauce, vinegar and water. Bring it to a boil and simmer.
- Add the dried bay leaves, whole peppercorn, oyster sauce, salt, and sugar.
- Cook for additional 5 minutes, stir and simmer until chicken feet becomes tender.
- Turn-off heat, and then transfer to a serving plate.
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.