If you love seafoods, you just gotta try this Seafood Kare-Kare too.. Definitely a must try recipe. Another unique version of Best Kare Kare recipe.
How to cook Seafood Kare-Kare
200 grams mussels
200 grams clams
200 grams squid, cut into rings
250 grams shrimps, trimmed
250 grams fish fillet (cream dory), cut into serving size
2 bundle string beans, cut into 2-inch long
2 pcs eggplant, sliced diagonally
1 bundle pechay, trimmed
1 banana heat(puso ng saging), sliced diagonally
2 cloves garlic
1 onion, chopped
3/4 cup peanut butter
5 cups seafood broth
2 tsp annatto seeds(atsuete)
salt to tatse
2 tbs cooking oil
2 tbs cornstrach, dissolved in 1/2 cup of water
salt and pepper to tatse
5 tbs bagoong guisado ( as condiment)
Note: you can also add crabs and clams as a variety.
1. Steam fish fillet, prawns, and mussels until cooked.
2. Slice the fish in the serving sized then set aside.
3. Set aside the liquid used to steam the seafood.
4. Heat up the oil, then put in the atsuete (annatto) seeds until the oil becomes deep red.
5. Remove the seeds from the oil by straining them.
6. Saute garlic and onions in oil until onions become translucent.
7. Add the broth from which you steamed the seafood with
8. Stir in peanut butter, salt and pepper.
9. Add the vegetables and simmer, don’t overcook the veggies only half done.
10. Add mussels and prawns and simmer for another 6 minutes.
11. Add pechay and fish fillet slices and simmer for another 3 minutes.Add the dissolve cornstarch.Stir.
12. Serve with bagoong alamang guisado or shrimp paste.
Serve and Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thanks for dropping by our website! Do you want to be notified with our latest recipes? Just hit “yes” on the pop up window and allow us to notify you with new recipes everyday.
Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.