Wanna try another twist to your cinnamon rolls. Try these simple Coffee glazed Cinnamon Rolls. If you love coffee, you will surely enjoy this cinnamon coffee combo. Happy baking!
Cinnamon Rolls with Coffee Glaze
For the Rolls:
2 ¾ cups (345g) all-purpose flour
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 package Red Star Platinum Yeast or any instant yeast (1 packet = 2 and 1/4 teaspoons)
1/2 cup (120ml) water
1/4 cup (60ml) milk (cow’s milk – I used skim)
2 and 1/2 Tablespoons (40g) unsalted butter
1 large egg
3 Tablespoons (45g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 and 1/2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
1 cup (120g) powdered (confectioners’) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons (30ml) strong coffee (or use milk/cream instead)
1. For the dough:
Separate 1/2 cup of flour and set it aside for later use. In a large bowl, combine the 2 and 1/4 cups flour, the sugar, salt, and yeast together until evenly dispersed. Set aside.
2. Heat the water, milk, and butter together in the microwave until the butter is melted and the mixture is hot to touch. About 115-120°F degrees. Stir the butter mixture into the flour mixture. Add the egg and only enough of the reserved flour to make a soft dough. I only needed 1/3 cup, but you may need the full 1/2 cup. Dough will be ready when it gently pulls away from the side of the bowl and has an elastic consistency.
3. Prepare your kneading table and sprinkle some flour. Start to knead the dough for about 3-4 minutes. Put it in a lightly greased bowl (or use non-stick spray) and let rest for about 10 minutes.
4. For the filling: After 10 minutes rest, start to roll the dough out in a 14×8 inch rectangle. Spread the softened butter on top. Combine and stir together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle it all over the dough.
5. Add more cinnamon/sugar if desired. Roll up the dough tightly. Cut into 11 even pieces and place in a lightly greased 9-inch round pan. I used a pie dish, lightly sprayed with nonstick spray. Loosely cover the rolls with aluminum foil and allow to rise in a warm, draft-free place for 60-90 minutes.
Cooking Tips: Heat the oven to 200F degrees. Turn oven off. Place rolls inside oven and allow to rise.
6. After the rolls have doubled in size, preheat the oven to 375°F. Bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned. You can cover the rolls with aluminum foil after 15 minutes to avoid toasting the top part.
7. For the glaze: Serve your cinnamon rolls with glaze. Mix the powdered sugar and coffee together until smooth and drizzle over rolls. You may replace the coffee with milk or cream instead. If you prefer a thicker glaze, add more powdered sugar and then add salt to cut the sweetness, if desired.
You may also try our:
Four Cheese Garlic Pasta
Thanks for dropping by our website! Did you try cooking one of our recipe? Send us your food photo or feedback. If we love it, we will feature it with your name on our website. Send it to us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on our Facebook Page.