If you want some asian taste and feeling, you gotta try these siomai recipe. The easiest homemade pork dumplings recipe ever. These siomai (a.k.a. siu mai, siew mai, shu mai, shao mai) are so much better with Chili Sauce (Siomai sauce or Chili garlic sauce). Looks so good right..but it taste even better! Enjoy the recipe and happy cooking!
STEAMED PORK DUMPLINGS RECIPE
- 1 kg ground pork
- Wonton wrapper (you can buy this in a Chinese store)
- 1/3 cup chopped water chestnuts or Singkamas (optional)
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots
- 2 medium or 1 large mince onions
- bunch of onion leeks or spring onion chopped
- 1 egg
- 5 tbsp. of sesame oil
- 1 freshly ground pepper
- Mixed all the ingredients for filling in a bowl.
- Scoop 1 tbsp. of mixture into each wrapper fold four sides, I prefer open at the top as shown in the picture.
- Meanwhile, boil water and brush steamer with oil so the Siomai doesn’t stick on the steamer.
- When water starts to boil, arrange the Siomai in the steamer and let it steam for 15 – 30 minutes, longer for larger pieces
- Remove from steamer once cooked and serve it hot with Siomai sauce or Chili Garlic Sauce. Enjoy!
- For Dipping sauce: Soy sauce with lemon and chili garlic sauce.