Have you tried Saging na Turon ala Mode (Ube Ice cream scoop on top). Thats my favorite combo, super duper yummy combo ever. These Turons are a classic childhood merienda of every Filipino. Serve it with some drizzle of caramel on top for that extra treat or even condensed milk. Yummy!
Saging na Turon
6 pcs saba bananas (or plantains), cut in half (lenghtwise)
1 ½ cup brown sugar
12 pcs spring roll wrapper
2 cups cooking oil
1. Roll the banana on a plate with brown sugar and make sure that the banana is coated with enough sugar.
2. Put the banana with sugar coating in the spring roll wrapper.
3. Fold and lock the spring roll wrapper, use water to seal the edge
4. In a pan, heat the oil. Once the oil is hot, adjust heat to low.
5. Add 2-3 tablespoon of brown sugar over low heat ( just enough for the first batch). Wait until the brown sugar floats and stir the oil.
6. When the sugar floats, add the wrapped banana and fry until the wrapper turns golden brown and the extra sugar sticks on wrapper.
8. Repeat the same procedure for the next batch. Add 2-3 tablespoon of sugar, wait until it floats then add the wrapped banana.
9. Serve hot during dessert or merienda. Share and Enjoy!
You may also try our:
Thank you for dropping by our website! Please subscribe to our daily recipe notifications.
Don’t forget to Pin us to PINTEREST. You can comment your question there and we’ll be glad to answer your question or feedback about the recipe.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.