Have you tried Saging na Turon ala Mode (Ube Ice cream scoop on top). Thats my favorite combo, super duper yummy combo ever. These Turons are a classic childhood merienda of every Filipino. Serve it with some drizzle of caramel on top for that extra treat or even condensed milk. Yummy!
Saging na Turon
6 pcs saba bananas (or plantains), cut in half (lenghtwise)
1 cup ripe Jackfruit, strips
1 1/2 cup brown sugar 12 pcs spring roll wrapper
2 cups cooking oil
1. Roll the banana on a plate with brown sugar and make sure that the banana is coated with enough sugar.
2. Put the banana with sugar coating in the spring roll wrapper and add some ripe jackfruit strips.
3. Fold and lock the spring roll wrapper, use water to seal the edge
4. In a pan, heat the oil and add some brown sugar.Wait until the brown sugar floats
5. Add the wrapped banana and fry until the wrapper turns golden brown and the extra sugar sticks on wrapper
6. Serve hot during dessert or meryenda.
Share and Enjoy!
You may also try our new recipe:
Thank you for dropping by our website! Please subscribe to our daily recipe notifications.
Don’t forget to Pin us to PINTEREST. You can comment your question there and we’ll be glad to answer your question or feedback about the recipe.
The star ratings are for those who tried to cook our recipe. Kindly rate back the recipe if you tried it and you’re satisfied.
Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes.
Photo by Theresa Villa Generoza BZ